Houston, TX, United States
Python Developer JT6MW
Houston, TX, United States
iSphere is seeking a python Developer in Houston, TX for a compelling 12+ month opportunity to formulate and define system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities. Must understand basic IT architectural /infrastructural concepts. May use CASE tools. Prepare information for project presentations.
• Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Translate requirements into technical specifications.
• Interact with the lead software engineer or other technical leaders to understand system architectures, subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Prototype and research alternative implementation strategies
• Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of several modules working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
• Write and execute tests for subsystems and components, and implement and debug subsystems and components.
• Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components, and helps determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
• Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
• Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (such as source code repositories, build systems, testing systems, etc.).
• Interact with representatives of relevant internal and external organizational units to understand and/or recommend data interchange formats, APIs, messaging strategies, application server software, as well as hardware and virtual machine requirements.
• Proactively keeps up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
• Actively participates and assists in the maintenance and support of departmental systems.
• 3 years’ experience building web-based software systems, utilizing n-tier architectures with dynamic content, and security models/implementations.
Hands-on experience with Python and at least four(4) of the following technologies:
Hands-on experience with at least one of the following is required:
Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Knowledge and experience in using integrated development environments (IDEs)
Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux and/or Windows.
• Agile/scrum development experience.
• Experience with GPFS filesystem
• IT experience in an academic healthcare or healthcare environment.
Benefits are offered for this position!
Find out why now is a great time to join the iSphere Team of Consultants!
Be Seen First With iSphere!
iSphere is a Texas-based IT services firm that partners with clients to provide the necessary resources to meet critical IT and business goals. We started over 10 years ago on a foundation of trust and have built our client relationships directly with the hiring managers. iSphere is committed in satisfying their clients with the best possible candidates and just as important we want to satisfy our engaged consultants with the respect and care they deserve.